APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
Supply chain management has lept from the backroom to the boardroom. Formulating the perfect supply chain strategy isn't necessary. Creating a reasonably good strategy and implementing it consistently will put you well ahead of the competition. Earning your APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) will help you understand options available to you as you create your supply chain strategy.
The CSCP designation is designed for professionals in operations and supply chain management seeking a greater knowledge and understanding in the areas of supplier and customer relations, international trade, the use of information technology to enable the supply chain, and physical logistics. It is ideal for senior managers responsible for the general business and strategic management of product supply and development, including: VPs of manufacturing, product development, transportation, logistics, inventory, and purchasing and distribution; IT managers, strategic planners, senior supply chain managers, and project management executives from firms involved in implementing information and advance planning systems, those engaged in strategic partnering, and those which manufacture or distribute products, as well as financial service companies and retailers who would like to control more of the supply chain.
Certified Success is the first place to go to when you need to know about supply chain management. There are over 950 questions covering the sources from the CSCP reading list available for you to test yourself. In addition, you have complete control over how practice tests are created. You can select questions from a single chapter in a specific source, multiple chapters from a single source or questions from all sources. You also have the ability to specify how many questions you want on a practice test (up to 50). These questions are, by design, harder than those on the CSCP exam. Exams are timed to enable you to determine whether the pace you are taking tests is adequate to finish the certification exam. Furthermore, exams as well as the answers can be printed and taken off-line. Graded exams can also be printed.
Flashcards also exist to help you test your knowledge of the terms and their corresponding definitions. You also have the ability to submit your own multiple choice questions to the test bank. If you choose to submit questions, each question will be reviewed, approved and incorporated into the test bank. In addition, feedback will be emailed to you about the quality of the reasoning behind any question submitted.
Cost of the System
In return for “free” access to this study material, three things are asked of you.
1. Every effort has been made to ensure questions are current, correct and straightforward (i.e., not misleading). If you run across what you believe is an error or a misleading question, please submit your comments or concerns via the “Submit Comment” link associated with each question. An explanation will be sent to you either explaining why the question is correct or that the question has been modified or deleted based on your suggestion.
2. If as you utilize the system, you think of features that would be helpful to you, email your suggestions to email@example.com.
3. Your candid feedback is greatly appreciated and after taking the CSCP exam, you’re asked to provide feedback concerning the effectiveness of the system.
Enrolling in the CSCP Course
1. Click on “courses” located in the sub-menu above, just to the right of “printer friendly”
2. Click on “New User Registration”
3. Fill in the registration form. You’ll be asked for your first and last name, your email address which serves as your userid, and a password you’ve chosen for this site. For the course, select from the dropdown box, “Certified Supply Chain Professional”.
4. Click on “Create User”.
5. You’ll be taken to a screen that states an email has been sent to you. You do not have to wait for the email. Go ahead and login using your email and password. From there, you’ll be taken to the Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) course homepage and you’ll be able to start taking tests.
Accessing the System
1. Go directly to http://www.certifiedsuccess.com/testbank/ or click on “courses” when you return to the site (CertifiedSuccess.com). DO NOT log in on the home page (CertifiedSuccess.com) since this takes you to a different set of resources such as white papers and presentations. Also, your ID and Password would not work here anyways since these resources are driven by a different underlying system than the courses system.
2. Enter your username (i.e., email) and password
3. Click login to enter the Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) course homepage.
4. If you’ve signed up for multiple classes, click on the link to enable the desired course. For example, if you signed up for Lean Six Sigma and Certified Supply Chain Professional, you’d see two links called “Switch to Lean Six Sigma” and "Switch to Certified Supply Chain Professional". Click on the link for the desire course.
5. At this point, you can “take practice test”. This is where you have access to the test questions. You can pick the source, the number of questions, whether hints are provided, etc.
If you need any assistance, contact Dr. Jack Cook either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 585.414.7334 anytime. Provide a brief description of your questions, comments or concerns. If you call, leave your name and phone number. Since the Internet is global in its reach, please also state what are good times to reach you by phone based on Eastern Standard Time.